Chocolate Walnut Cookies
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Unsweetened chocolate||2 Ounce (2 squares)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon, sieved (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a 10 ½ inch x 15 ½ inch baking pan and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine butter and chocolate. Melt on a low flame and keep aside.
5. In a medium sized bowl, place eggs. Add sugar gradually and beat well using an electric beater.
6. Add melted chocolate mixture and beat well.
7. Add sieved ingredients, vanilla and nuts and fold gently using a wooden spatula.
8. Transfer mixture on to greased pan and bake in pre heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
10. While warm, dust with confectioners-€™ sugar. Makes 84 no-€™s.
11. Cut into fancy shapes and serve in a cookie jar or basket.