Toffee Cookie Squares
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Firmly packed light brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Semi sweet chocolate pieces||6 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Pre heat an oven at 162.5 C (325 F).
2. Melt chocolate in a microwave or double boiler and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine butter and shortening. Cream well.
4. Add sugar and egg yolk gradually and beat well.
5. Add vanilla, flour and salt and fold gently using a rubber spatula.
6. Transfer mixture on to a 15 ½ inch x 10 ½ inch x 1 inch baking pan and bake in pre heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till done.
7. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
8. While warm, spread with melted chocolate and top with chopped nuts. Makes 36 no-€™s.
9. Cut into fancy shapes or squares and serve in a cookie jar or basket.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4748 Calories from Fat 2452
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 277 g426.1%
Saturated Fat 105.3 g526.7%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 427 mg142.3%
Sodium 1756.7 mg73.2%
Total Carbohydrates 536 g178.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.9 g47.4%
Sugars 283.8 g
Protein 50 g100.5%
Vitamin A 60.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 37.6% Iron 76.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet