|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease a baking tray and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and sieve together. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and butter. Cream well.
5. Add sieved ingredients, lemon rind and lemon juice and mix into dough.
6. Place on butter paper, shape into rolls and seal well with butter paper. Refrigerate till its easy to handle.
7. Once chilled, remove and cut into thin slices. Place on greased baking tray.
8. Bake in pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes around 60 no-€™s.
10. Serve warm.