|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw spanish peanuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a saucepan, mix sugar, syrup, water and salt together.
2. Add peanuts to the mixture as soon as it comes to a full boil.
3. Heat the mixture until nuts snap and syrup begins to turn color.
4. Further, add butter and vanilla.
5. Cook over low heat until the mixture becomes amber colored, stirring occasionally.
6. Upon removing the pan from heat, add baking soda and stir well.
7. Pour this mixture redaily onto buttered baking sheet.
8. Cool and pull out until very thin.
9. Cut into pieces before serving.