|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light molasses||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||6 Cup (96 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Butter||2 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
|Flour||2 Teaspoon (for dusting and rolling)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour with rest of the dry ingredients. Sieve together and keep aside.
3. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine shortening, molasses, vinegtar and sugar and mix well.
5. Bring to boil and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
6. To this cooled mixture, add eggs and mix well.
7. Add sieved flour and mix into dough. Cling wrap and refrigerate.
8. Place dough on a dusted surface and roll into 1/8 inch to ¼ inch thickness.
9. Using a floured round cookie cutter, shape cookies and place on baking tray.
10. Bake in pre heated oven for 8 to 10 minutes or till done.
11. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 144 no-€™s.
12. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.