|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||4|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
|Confectioners' sugar||To Taste|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine chocolate and shortening. Melt on a low flame.
5. Once melted, remove off flame and add sugar. Mix well.
6. Add vanilla extract and eggs gradually, while beating continuously.
7. Add sieved ingredients and mix well. Cling wrap and refrigerate for 3 hours.
8. Shape chilled dough into small balls and roll in confectioners-€™ sugar. Place on greased tray.
9. Bake in pre heated oven for 10 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes around 60 to 70 no-€™s.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.