Lemon Zest Flavored Sugar Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon, grated|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking sheet and set aside for later use.
3. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar thoroughly.
4. Further, add egg, vanilla and lemon rind.
5. Beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
6. Sift all the dry ingredients together.
7. Stir into creamed mixture together with milk and divide the dough in half.
8. Chill it for about 1 hour.
9. Roll out half, on floured board, keeping the other chilled until ready to roll.
10. Roll 1/4" thick.
11. Cut the dough into bars and place on greased baking sheet.
12. Brush with slightly beaten egg white, if desired, and sprinkle some sugar on top.
13. Bake for about 12-15 minutes.
14. Allow the cookies to cool a bit and then serve at once.