|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Pecans||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), finely chopped|
|Confectioners' sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour and salt. Sieve together and add sugar. Mix well.
4. Add butter and mix well using a electric beater.
5. Add 2 cups chopped pecans and vanilla extract and mix well.
6. Divide dough into two equal potions.
7. Shape one portion into logs and place on greased baking tray.
8. Shape rest of the dough into small balls, coat with remaining pecans and place on tray.
9. Press a nut halve on each (if desired) ball.
10. Bake in pre heated oven for 15 to 20 minutes or till done.
11. Once baked, remove from oven and roll the logs in confectioners-€™ sugar. Keep aside to cool. Makes total 48 no-€™s.
12. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.