|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||2 , beaten|
|Grated orange rind||1 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs), sieved|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and shortening. Cream well.
5. Add egg and orange rind and beat well.
6. Add sieved ingredients and mix well using a rubber spatula.
7. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
8. Place spoonfuls, 1 ½ inch apart, on greased baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 10 minutes or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 36 no-€™s.
10. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.