Sugar Cookies Using Sour Cream
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg yolks||3 , beaten|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
|Flour||3 Tablespoon (For Dusting And Rolling)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour with rest of the dry ingredients. Sieve together and keep aside.
3. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine shortening and sugar and cream well.
5. Add sour cream, vanilla extract and eggs. Mix well.
6. Add sieved flour and mix into dough. Cling wrap and refrigerate.
7. Place dough on a dusted surface and roll into 1/8 inch thickness.
8. Using a 2 1/2 inch diameter floured round cookie cutter, shape cookies and place on baking tray.
9. Sprinkle each with sugar and bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 72 no-€™s.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.