Super Duper Chocolate Cookies
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||4|
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine chocolate and shortening. Melt on a low flame.
5. Once melted, remove off flame and add sugar. Mix well.
6. Add vanilla extract and eggs gradually, while beating continuously.
7. Add sieved ingredients and nuts and mix well. Cling wrap and refrigerate.
8. Shape chilled dough into small balls and roll in confectioners-€™ sugar. Place on greased tray.
9. Bake in pre heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 72no-€™s.
11. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.