Crisp Molasses Cookies
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sieved|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Molasses||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
|Flour||4 Tablespoon (For Dusting And Rolling)|
|Colored sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, spice powders, salt and baking soda. Sieve together and add shortening.
4. Mix using palms of your hands till well combined.
5. In a medium sauce pan, add molasses and heat gently.
6. Add to flour and mix well into a dough.
7. Cling wrap and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours.
8. Dust working surface with flour and place chilled dough.
9. Roll into 1/16 th thickness and cut using cookie cutters (shapes as desired).
10. Place on baking tray and decorate each with orange rind, coloured sugar or nuts.
11. Bake in pre heated oven for 7 to 8 minutes or till done.
12. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 72 no-€™s.
13. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.