Fruity Gumdrop Cookies
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Thick applesauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Gum drops||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
|Raisin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 200 C (400 F).
2. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Sieve together and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine sugar and shortening. Cream well.
5. Add egg and apple sauce and beat well.
6. Add sieved ingredients and mix well using a rubber spatula.
7. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
8. Place spoonfuls, 1 ½ inch apart, on greased baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 10 to 15 minutes or till done.
9. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool. Makes 48 no-€™s.
10. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately or store in cookie jars.