|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), boiled and mashed|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sieved|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (For Greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 175 C (350 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour with salt and baking powder. Sieve together and keep aside.
3. Grease a baking tray with butter and keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine shortening and sugar. Cream well.
5. Add vanilla, eggs and mashed carrots and mix well.
6. Add rest of the ingredients gradually and mix well.
7. Place spoonfuls on baking tray and bake in pre heated oven for 20 minutes or till done.
8. Once baked, remove from oven and coat with frosting (if desired) when warm.
9. Keep aside to cool. Makes 60 no-€™s.
10. Place on a serving tray and serve immediately.