1⁄4 Teaspoon (more for sprinkling on cookies, optional) (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the butter, shortening and sugar in a bowl. Mix until you have a nice smooth cream.
3. Add the salt and orange juice. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
4. Beat until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Add the flour and chipotle. Mix until you have uniform dough. Do not over mix.
6. Scoop cookie dough in to a lined baking sheet, using a small cookie scoop.
7. Press the cookies down with the back of a spoon.
8. Sprinkle chipotle powder on cookies if desired.
9. Bake the cookies between 12 and 15 minutes or until the bottoms are browned.
10. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Cool down completely and enjoy!
11. These cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
If you don’t like your cookies sweet, here is the right alternative for you. Spicy, chewy and flavorful orange chipotle cookie is a riot of flavors. Perfect for the holiday season, these warm, crunchy and mildly spiced cookies can make for great home treats and great giveaways too. Just watch the video and get making batchful of these cookies for yourself and giveaways.