Quick Orange Chipotle Cookies
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon, fresh squeezed|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Chipotle powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon (more for sprinkling on cookies, optional) (Optional)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Place the butter, shortening and sugar in a bowl. Mix until you have a nice smooth cream.
3. Add the salt and orange juice. Mix in the eggs one at a time.
4. Beat until all ingredients are well incorporated.
5. Add the flour and chipotle. Mix until you have uniform dough. Do not over mix.
6. Scoop cookie dough in to a lined baking sheet, using a small cookie scoop.
7. Press the cookies down with the back of a spoon.
8. Sprinkle chipotle powder on cookies if desired.
9. Bake the cookies between 12 and 15 minutes or until the bottoms are browned.
10. Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack. Cool down completely and enjoy!
11. These cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Calories 602 Calories from Fat 311
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g54.3%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.4%
Trans Fat 2.2 g
Cholesterol 105 mg35%
Sodium 347.6 mg14.5%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 25.7 g
Protein 7 g14.9%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet