Polka Dot Cookie Bars
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Miniature candy coated semisweet chocolate pieces/Milk chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Using pastry blender crush the shortening until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
5. Add eggs and milk, whisk until combined.
6. In the greased pan, spread the batter evenly.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes.
8. Garnish chocolate pieces evenly on top of the partially baked bars.
9. Bake for about 10-15 minutes more or until golden brown and firm around edges.
10. Cool in pan on wire rack.
11. Cut into bars and serve.