Polka Dot Cookie Bars
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , slightly beaten|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Miniature candy coated semisweet chocolate pieces/Milk chocolate pieces||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease a baking pan and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, brown sugar, whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Using pastry blender crush the shortening until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
5. Add eggs and milk, whisk until combined.
6. In the greased pan, spread the batter evenly.
7. Bake for about 10 minutes.
8. Garnish chocolate pieces evenly on top of the partially baked bars.
9. Bake for about 10-15 minutes more or until golden brown and firm around edges.
10. Cool in pan on wire rack.
11. Cut into bars and serve.
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.4%
Saturated Fat 12 g60%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 110.3 mg36.8%
Sodium 190 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 85 g28.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 49.1 g
Protein 12 g24.9%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C
Calcium 15.2% Iron 17.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet