|Vegan margarine||3 Ounce (85 Grams)|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Ounce (45 Grams)|
|Syrup||1 Tablespoon (Bare)|
|Almond essence||1 Teaspoon|
|Rolled oats||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Whole meal flour||3 Ounce (85 Gram)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C (Gas Mark 5).
2. In a bowl add margarine and sugar and cream them using hand blender.
3. In a separate bowl blend syrup and almond essence and cream them together.
4. In another bowl combine rolled oats, whole meal flour, baking powder and salt, and add this to the sugar mixture.
5. Divide the mixture into 30 equal sized portions and flatten them into 2 inch rounds and place them on a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake the mixture for about 10-12 minutes.
7. Serve oat macaroons as a evening snack along with tea or coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1460 Calories from Fat 657
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 488 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 173 g57.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45.1%
Sugars 44.7 g
Protein 23 g46.7%
Vitamin A 60.8% Vitamin C 0.14%
Calcium 22.4% Iron 43.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet