Date Icebox Cookies
|Dates||1 Pound, chopped|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) In a saucepan, combine the dates, 1/2 cup sugar, and water.
2) Cook till thick.
4) In a bowl, add the butter, remaining sugar and brown sugar and cream together.
5) Beat in the eggs.
6) Combine and sift in the flour, soda, and salt.
7) Add in the vanilla.
8) Roll the dough to a 1/2-inch thickness.
9) Add the date mix and spread evenly.
10) Roll as for a jelly roll.
11) Wrap in waxed paper.
12) Refrigerate for several hours.
13) Thinly slice and arrange on a baking sheet.
14) Place in the oven at 375 degrees and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
15) Serve as a snack during tea time.