|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry roasted peanuts||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine together the corn syrup, sugar and water over moderate heat. Stir till the sugar has dissolved.
2) Once the syrup starts to boil, add the butter.
3) Cook the mixture, frequently stirring, till the candy thermometer reaches a temperature of 280 degrees.
4) Add the peanuts right away and keep stirring constantly till the temperature increases to 305 degrees. Immediately remove from the heat.
5) Add the vanilla and baking soda. Mix well.
6) Spread the mixture onto 2 baking sheets right away and let allow to cool.
7) Once cooled, break into bite sized pieces.
8) Serve the preparation as and when preferred. If desired, sprinkle with some powdered sugar and then serve. Makes a good tea/coffee accompaniment.