|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Light corn syrup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dry roasted peanuts||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
1) In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine together the corn syrup, sugar and water over moderate heat. Stir till the sugar has dissolved.
2) Once the syrup starts to boil, add the butter.
3) Cook the mixture, frequently stirring, till the candy thermometer reaches a temperature of 280 degrees.
4) Add the peanuts right away and keep stirring constantly till the temperature increases to 305 degrees. Immediately remove from the heat.
5) Add the vanilla and baking soda. Mix well.
6) Spread the mixture onto 2 baking sheets right away and let allow to cool.
7) Once cooled, break into bite sized pieces.
8) Serve the preparation as and when preferred. If desired, sprinkle with some powdered sugar and then serve. Makes a good tea/coffee accompaniment.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 6276 Calories from Fat 3127
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 364 g560.7%
Saturated Fat 140.7 g703.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 1626.6 mg67.8%
Total Carbohydrates 741 g247%
Dietary Fiber 29.2 g116.8%
Sugars 506.9 g
Protein 88 g176.7%
Vitamin A 112.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 30% Iron 46.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet