Wheatena Coconut Cookies
|Flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, using a sieve, sift together flour, salt and baking powder; keep aside.
3. Stir in WHEATENA.
4. Add coconut and nuts.
5. In a large bowl, cream together shortening, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla.
6. Add the flour mixture to butter mixture; stir until well blended.
7. On a floured surface, roll dough to 1/8 inch thickness.
8. Using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shape.
9. On a cookie sheets, place the cookies and bake in preheated oven for about 10 minutes until lightly browned.
10. Remove over wire rack and let cool.
11. Sprinkle sugar over cookies, if desired.