Double Peanut Butter Cookies
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Crisco - 1/2 cup
Creamy peanut butter - 1/2 cup
Light corn syrup - 1/4 cup
Milk - 1 tablespoon
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. In a large bowl, mix in the flour, sugar, soda and salt and mix well
3. Cut the Crisco and the peanut butter into the flour till the mixture starts to resemble breadcrumbs
4. Blend in the syrup and the milk and shape the mixture into a 2 inch roll and set aside to chill
5. Cut the roll into slices that are about 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.
6. Place half the slices on an ungreased cookie sheet and spread each with 1/2 teaspoon peanut butter. Cover with the rest of the slices and seal the edges with a fork.
7. Bake in a hot oven for 12 minutes till brown
8. Serve at room temperature