Cowboy Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut butter - 1/2 cup
Granulated sugar - 1 cup
Light golden brown sugar - 1 cup, firmly-packed
Eggs - 2
Un-sifted flour - 2 cups
Baking soda - 1 teaspoon
Baking powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Quick-cooking oats -1 1/2 cups
Semi-sweet chocolate morsels (the tiny chips) - 1 (6 ounce) package
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Grease baking sheets lightly with fat.
4. In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter and sugars.
5. Add flour mixture and stir until mixed.
6. Stir in oats and morsels; mix until crumbly.
7. Shape the mixture into 1 inch balls.
8. On greased cookie sheets, place the balls and using a fork, flatten the balls.
9. Bake in preheated oven for 7-9 minutes until lightly browned.
10. Remove cookies on wire rack for cooling completely.
11. Serve Cowboy Peanut Butter Cookies with tea or serve alone.