Baking powder - 2 teaspoons
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Margarine - 3/4 cup or butter - 3/4 cup, softened
Sugar - 1 cup
Milk - 2 tablespoons
Vanilla flavouring - 1 teaspoon
Nuts - 1 cup, chopped
Dates - 1 cup, finely cut, pitted
Maraschino cherries - 1/3 cup, finely chopped
Maraschino cherries - 15, cut in quarters
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt; keep aside.
3. Grease a cookie sheet and keep aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs.
6. Add milk and vanilla; stir to mix.
7. Gradually add flour mixture and mix well.
8. Stir in nuts, dates and chopped cherries.
9. Using a 1 level teaspoon measure, shape the mixture into small balls.
10. In a plate, take crushed corn flakes and roll the balls over it to coat.
11. On the greased cookie sheets, place the balls and top each ball with a cherry quarter.
12. Bake in preheated oven for 10-14 minutes until lightly browned.
13. Remove cookies on wire rack for cooling completely.
14. Serve Cherry Winks as a evening snack or pack it for office.