Shakespeare Oatmeal Cookies
|Ceresota or hecker's unbleached flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs), firmly packed|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oatmeal||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Using a sieve, sift together flour, salt, soda and spices; keep aside.
3. Lightly grease cookie sheets with cooking spray or butter.
4. In a large bowl, using a electric mixer cream shortening.
5. Add sugars and beat until creamy.
6. Beat in eggs.
7. Add dry ingredient mixture and mix until well combined.
8. Add raisins and oatmeal; stir well.
9. Form small balls of about 1 ½ inch size and place onto a lightly greased cookie sheets.
10. Bake in oven for about 12-15 minutes until they are done.
11. Remove over wire rack and let cool.
12. Serve Shakespeare Oatmeal Cookies for a crunchy and healthy snack.