|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flaked unsweetened coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2) In 2 baking sheets, spray with a vegetable spray.
3) In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and honey together for 6 minutes.
4) Then beat in the vanilla extract and gradually stir in the flour.
5) Fold in the flaked coconut and drop by teaspoonfuls about 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheets.
6) Place each bach on middle shelf of the preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes, until lightly browned.
7) Remove and allow to cool on wire racks.
8) Serve the Haystacks on a platter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1198 Calories from Fat 599
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 66 g102.2%
Saturated Fat 36.5 g182.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 172.3 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 127 g42.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g27%
Sugars 83.5 g
Protein 29 g57.9%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 0.83%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 21.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet