|Ground almonds||4 Ounce|
|Almond essence||3 Drop|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 325 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put all the ingredients except for the whole almonds and beat well for about 5 minutes.
3) Let the mixture stand for about 5 minutes and then pipe or put 13 to 15 rounded teaspoonfuls of the same on a baking sheet that has been lined with non-stick parchment.
4) On top of each macaroon, place an almond.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, till golden in color.
6) If you wish to freeze the macaroons, flash freeze till firm and then pack them in a rigid container. Use foil to separate each layer. Seal, label and store in the freezer.
7) To serve without freezing, place the macaroons on a decorative serving plate and serve as a teatime snack. These also make a good coffee accompaniment. To serve frozen macaroons, first thaw them for 1 to 2 hours at room temperature and then serve.