|Whole wheat pastry flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Clove powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|White pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Anise extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), finely chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped and mixed with � cup pastry flour|
1. Preheat an oven at 162.55C (325F).
2. Place parchment paper/ wax paper on 2 15 inch x 10 inch baking dishes/ trays.
3. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and sieve. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine eggs, vanilla extract and honey and beat well till thick and foamy.
5. Add sieved flour mixture, walnuts and raisins and mix using a rubber spatula.
6. Shape prepared dough into a ball, cling wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or till firm enough to be rolled out.
7. Once firm, divide dough into 4 equal portions.
8. Place one portion of dough between two wax paper sheets and roll evenly.
9. Using fancy cookie cutters, cut into shapes and place on lined baking trays.
10. Bake in pre heated oven on middle rack for 15 minutes.
11. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
12. Place on a cookie platter or cookie jar and serve.
For better texture, try keeping them for a day or two with a piece of bread in an air tight container/ cookie jar.