Lemon Oatmeal Crispies
|Shortening||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon rind||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Uncooked quick cooking oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crispy rice cereal||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Take the shortening and add sugar. Beat this cream mixture.
2) Add lemon juice, egg, lemon rind and vanilla extract. Beat the mixture properly.
3) Take the flour, oats, soda, baking powder and mix them well.
4) Add this flour mixture to the creamed mixture. Beat them well.
5) Add cereal.
6) Put the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls over the cookie sheet.
7) Bake the cookies for 10 minutes at 375 degrees F.
8) Take away the cookie sheet and allow the cookies to cool.
9) Serve the cookies when slightly cooled and crisp.