Coffee And Walnut Squares
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Coffee essence||1 Tablespoon|
|Self raising flour||4 Ounce, sifted|
|Walnuts||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Caster sugar||1 Ounce|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Grease 2 7-inch square cake tins.
3) In a bowl, put the butter and sugar. Beat well together till the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, a little at a time, add the coffee and stir well.
4) Fold in the flour till the contents have all blended evenly together.
5) Between the greased tins, divide the mixture equally. Smooth the tops.
6) To make topping for the cakes, scatter chopped walnuts all over the mixture.
7) Mix together the caster sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle evenly over the walnuts.
8) Bake the cakes in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes, till golden brown in color.
9) Cut the cakes into 18 squares while they are still warm and then transfer them to a wire rack. Let the squares cool completely.
10) If you want to freeze the squares, flash freeze them till firm and then pack them in a rigid container. Separate each layer with foil. Seal, label and store in the freezer.
11) If you wish to serve the Coffee and Walnut Squares without freezing, arrange them on a decorative serving plate and serve at room temperature, slightly warm or slightly chilled. If using frozen squares, first thaw them in the container for 15 to 20 minutes at room temperature, transfer to a serving plate and serve.