Old Fashioned Lemon Sugar Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frozen lemonade concentrate||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thawed and undiluted|
|Flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
1. In a bowl, cream together, margarine and 1 ½ cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, lemonade concentrate and mix well.
2. Add flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt to the creamed mixture, also add buttermilk, nutmeg and mix thoroughly.
3. Drop by level tablespoons onto prepared cookie sheet.
4. In a preheated oven, bake at 225 degrees centigrade for about 12 to 14 minutes. Roll in 2 tablespoon sugar.
5. Allow to cool on wire rack.
6. Serve at room temperature.