Ginger Drop Cookies
|Ginger||2 Ounce, chopped (50 gram, stem or crystallized)|
|Butter||4 Ounce, softened (100 gram)|
|Castor sugar||2 Ounce (50 gram)|
|Flour||4 Ounce (100 gram)|
1) Heat the oven moderately to (190°C/375°F or Gas Mark 5).
2) Grease a baking sheet.
3) In a bowl, put the butter and sugar.
4) Beat together until light and fluffy, then add ginger, beat until well blended.
5) Fold the mixture into flour until mixed well.
7) On greased baking sheets, place the 12-15 spoonfuls of mixture with enough space in beteween.
8) Bake in a preheated moderate oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
9) Leave to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool completely.
10) Freeze the cookies uncovered until firm.
11) In a rigid container, pack the cookies, separating each layer with foil.
12) Seal the container, put a label and return to the freezer.
13) On a serving platter, place the cookies thaw at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours.
14) Make them warm in oven for few minutes, if desired.
15) Serve the cookies as snack.