Almond Flavored Pecan Cookies
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (cut into pieces)|
|Finely chopped pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White grape juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F .
2) Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable spray.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk the whole wheat flour, unbleached white flour and baking powder together.
4) Then cut in butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles crumbs.
5) Stir in the finely chopped pecans, mix thoroughly.
6) In a small bowl, beat the egg and honey together.
7) Then beat in the grape juice, extracts, and spices.
8) Stir into the flour mixture, blend well.
9) Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls on the prepared baking sheets.
10) Place each baking sheet on middle shelf of oven and bake for 10 minutes.
11) Remove from the oven and allow to cool on wire racks.
12) Serve on a serving platter or store in an airtight container until needed.