Almond Flavored Pecan Cookies
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (cut into pieces)|
|Finely chopped pecans||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White grape juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F .
2) Spray 2 baking sheets with vegetable spray.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk the whole wheat flour, unbleached white flour and baking powder together.
4) Then cut in butter with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles crumbs.
5) Stir in the finely chopped pecans, mix thoroughly.
6) In a small bowl, beat the egg and honey together.
7) Then beat in the grape juice, extracts, and spices.
8) Stir into the flour mixture, blend well.
9) Drop the batter by teaspoonfuls on the prepared baking sheets.
10) Place each baking sheet on middle shelf of oven and bake for 10 minutes.
11) Remove from the oven and allow to cool on wire racks.
12) Serve on a serving platter or store in an airtight container until needed.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1352 Calories from Fat 694
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 80 g123.5%
Saturated Fat 33.4 g167.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 332.4 mg110.8%
Sodium 481 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 139 g46.5%
Dietary Fiber 15.1 g60.2%
Sugars 33.3 g
Protein 26 g52.8%
Vitamin A 33.7% Vitamin C 73.7%
Calcium 49.6% Iron 47.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet