|Fat/Shortening||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Icing sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut flakes||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Refined flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (for greasing)|
1. Preheat an oven to 187.5C (375F).
2. Grease a baking tray and keep aside.
3. In a small bowl, break egg and beat lightly using a fork. Keep aside.
4. In a medium sized bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, except coconut. Sieve and keep aside.
5. Keep a glass ready with chilled water and a fork.
6. In a medium sized bowl, add fat/ shortening and cream/ mix using a wooden spoon.
7. Gradually add sugar and beat well till well combined.
8. Add vanilla extract, beaten egg and coconut.
9. Using an electric beater or wooden spoon, beat mixture till light in texture.
10. Add remaining sieved ingredients and mix to form cookie dough.
11. Shape into lemon sized balls and place on greased tray, ensuring you keep 2 inch distance between each.
12. Dip fork in chilled water and press on cookie balls to spread.
13. Bake in pre heated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or till pale golden brown in colour.
14. Serve warm.