Martyn Lewis'S Daughter'S Spiced Chocolate Chip Cookies
|Self raising flour||150 Gram|
|Granulated sugar||50 Gram|
|Soft brown sugar||50 Gram|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground mace||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Butter||100 Gram, cut into small cubes|
|Milk chocolate||100 Gram, coarsely chopped|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Butter 2 baking sheets.
3) Mix together the flour, sugars and spices in a food processor. Blend for a few seconds.
4) Add the butter and egg and process for another 5 seconds.
5) Add the chocolate and process for 5 more minutes.
6) Use a teaspoon to place dollops of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheets, spreading them quite widely apart.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 15 minutes.
8) Let the cookies cool for about 2 minutes. These should be hard on the outside and soft on the inside.
9) Serve the cookies warm right away, or store for future use and serve at room temperature when preferred. These make a good snack and one of the best tea/coffee/milk accompaniments.