|White sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven to 350 to 375 degrees.
2) In a bowl, thoroughly cream shortening by adding sugar, egg and molasses.
3) In another bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture. Combine well.
5) Place inside refrigerator to chill.
6) Shape up 1-inch balls from the dough.
7) Dip the ball tops in sugar and place on greased baking sheet 3 inches apart by keeping the sugared side on top.
8) Place inside oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the top is flat and cracked.
9) Cool on wire rack.
10) Serve the cookies with your choice of beverage or store in an airtight box for later use.