|Currants/Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Hot coffee||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shortening||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Refined flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sieved|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Coffee butter icing||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Use As Required)|
1. Preheat an oven to 150C (300 F).
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine raisins, coffee and cinnamon powder. Mix well and keep aside.
3. In another medium sized bowl, combine shortening and sugar. Using a wooden spoon beat well till creamy.
4. Add eggs and beat till well combined.
5. In a medium sized bowl, combine flour, soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well and sieve. Keep aside.
6. In a large bowl, combine raisin mixture, egg mixture and sieved flour. Mix well.
7. Add walnuts and mix well.
8. Place in a 10 x 15 inch baking pan, spread evenly and bake in pre heated oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
9. Serve warm topped with icing.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3380 Calories from Fat 1689
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 191 g293.7%
Saturated Fat 41.8 g209.1%
Trans Fat 19.8 g
Cholesterol 423 mg141%
Sodium 1582.8 mg66%
Total Carbohydrates 390 g130%
Dietary Fiber 17 g68.1%
Sugars 229.3 g
Protein 43 g86.6%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 76.7%
Calcium 36.8% Iron 78.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet