|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted, cooled|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaked coconut||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Lightly grease and flour two cookie sheets.
3. In the small bowl of an electric mixer, tip in the eggs and beat till golden and foamy
4. Gradually add sugar to the same bowl and beat well again till the eggs are lemony and smooth. This will take 5 minutes
5. Gently fold in the flour, baking powder, and the salt and beat gently
6. Add the butter, vanilla, and the coconut and mix well again
7. Divide the batter in half and add cinnamon to one half and lemon peel to the other half.
8. Drop spoonfuls of this mixture on to a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes till done. These cooled cookies can be stored in a chilled container with layers of waxed paper in between.
9. Serve immediately