Fancy Decorated Cookies
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Food color||2 Drop|
|Tinted coconut||1 Tablespoon (Frosting Or Glaze)|
1. Grease a baking sheet lightly with fat.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. In a bowl or a container cream, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat hard adding egg and vanilla.
5. In a bowl sift flour, measure and sift again with baking powder and salt.
6. Stir into creamed mixture to make a soft dough to work with.
7. add 2 to 4 tablespoons additional flour for getting a stiffer dough.
8. Chill dough 1 hour or longer and roll out thin on floured cloth or board, working with only part of the dough at a time.
9. Cut with cookie cutters and place on greased baking sheet.
10. Bake in oven 6 to 8 minutes and remove immediately to cooling racks.
11. Serve the cookies with beverages such as coffee or tea or as snacks.