Cardamom Butter Cookies
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy and beat well adding eggs and vanilla.
3. In another bowl sift together remaining ingredients, stir into creamed mixture and mix well.
4. Chill dough, roll and cut with cookie cutters.
5. Alternately if you prefer, shape dough into two rolls and wrap in waxed paper.
6. Chill and then cut into thin slices.
7. Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes, depending on thickness of cookies.
8. Serve the cookies with beverages or as desired.