Date Nut Cookies
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pitted dates||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pumpkin pie spice||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F
2. Grease baking sheets with fat or oil.
3. In a bowl sift and measure flour.
4. Slice dates and dredge with 2 tablespoons of the flour.
5. In another bowl sift remaining flour with salt, soda and pumpkin pie spice.
6. Cream butter and sugar thoroughly and beat hard adding egg and vanilla.
7. Add flour mixture alternately with milk and stir in dates and pecans.
8. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets.
9. Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes such that cookies are soft and not too brown.
10. Serve the cookies alongside beverages such as tea or coffee or as snacks.