|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole anise seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar and cream till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the anise and lemon rind.
3) One at a time, add in the egg. Beat well after each addition.
4) Stir in the flour and blend well.
5) On a lightly-floured board, place the dough and roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
6) Using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes.
7) Place in the oven at 375°F and bake for 10 minutes, till the edges are lightly browned.
8) Serve with black coffee and enjoy!
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4389 Calories from Fat 1748
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 199 g306.1%
Saturated Fat 119.5 g597.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 906.8 mg302.3%
Sodium 176.9 mg7.4%
Total Carbohydrates 589 g196.3%
Dietary Fiber 16 g64.1%
Sugars 202.5 g
Protein 68 g136.1%
Vitamin A 122.9% Vitamin C 25%
Calcium 26.2% Iron 160.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet