|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Whole anise seed||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) In a bowl, combine the butter and sugar and cream till light and fluffy.
2) Add in the anise and lemon rind.
3) One at a time, add in the egg. Beat well after each addition.
4) Stir in the flour and blend well.
5) On a lightly-floured board, place the dough and roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
6) Using a cookie cutter, cut into desired shapes.
7) Place in the oven at 375°F and bake for 10 minutes, till the edges are lightly browned.
8) Serve with black coffee and enjoy!