Pecan Cookie Balls
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sifted powdered sugar||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Sifted all-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Pecans||2 Cup (32 tbs), finely chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a bowl cream butter until soft, add 1/2 cup of the powdered sugar, salt, nutmeg and vanilla and continue creaming until thoroughly mixed.
3. Stir in flour and pecans and shape dough into small balls.
4. Place on baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove from baking sheet and quickly roll the hot cookies in the remaining 2 cups powdered sugar.
6. Let it cool and roll again in powdered sugar.
7. Store in tight container and serve alongside coffee or tea or as snacks.