|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Citron||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Brandy extract/Rum extract||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a bowl beat eggs until thick, continue beating adding brown sugar and lemon peel until well blended and stir in citron.
3. In another bowl sift flour with baking powder, salt and spices, add to egg mixture and stir in nuts.
4. Shape into roll 1 inch in diameter and chill.
5. Cut into 1/2-inch slices and place on baking sheet and allow to dry overnight.
6. Turn cookies over and put 1 to 2 drops extract in center of each cookie.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 to 15 minutes.
8. Place in a tightly covered container and store for several days to mellow.
9. Serve the Pfeffernusse as a party dessert.