Mincemeat Refrigerator Cookies
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mincemeat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a bowl cream shortening and sugar until fluffy.
3. Beat well adding egg and stir in lemon peel, crushed coriander seed and vanilla.
4. In a bowl sift flour, measure and sift again with soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger.
5. Mix adding to creamed mixture, thoroughly and stir in mincemeat and nuts.
6. Shape into rolls 1 1/2 inches in diameter, wrap in waxed paper and chill.
7. Cut thin slices, place on baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven 9 to 10 minutes.
8. Serve the cookies alongside coffee, tea or other beverages.