Cherry Cookie Crisp
|Canned pitted tart red cherries||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Red food coloring||3 Drop|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla wafer crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) Drain the tart red cherries and reserve 2 tablespoons of the juice.
3) Mix together the lemon juice, few drops of red food coloring, reserved juice and cherries.
4) Pour the mixture into a 10x6x1 ¾-inch baking dish.
5) Mix together the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle the mixture over the dessert.
6) Combine together the vanilla wafer crumbs and melted margarine or butter. Pat the mixture over the cherries.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
8) Serve the Cherry Cookie Crisp warm. Makes an excellent dessert.