Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
|Strawberry ice cream/Pistachio ice cream||1⁄2 Gallon (1 Brick)|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened (1 Stick)|
|Sugar||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg white||1 , slightly beaten|
1. On a sheet of wax paper, sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; keep aside.
2. In a large bowl of electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, egg and vanilla at high speed until smooth and fluffy.
3. Using a wooden spoon, stir in half of flour mixture; mix with hands, if necessary.
4. Cover the dough and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Lightly grease cookies sheets.
7. Divide the refrigerated dough into two parts and refrigerate until ready to roll out.
8. Flour a board or pastry cloth lightly and roll out the one part of the dough at a time until 1/8 inch thick.
9. Using a floured 3 1/4-inch heart-shape cookie cutter or 3 inches wide, 4 inches long diamond shape cutter, cut out cookies.
10. Place the cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
11. For round serrated edge cookies, use a 3-inch scalloped cookie cutter.
12. Brush half of the cookies with egg white and sprinkle with nonpareils if desired; or brush only the edges and sprinkle mini chocolate pieces or chopped nuts.
13. Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake for 8 minutes or just until set and lightly browned a the edges.
14. Shift the cookies to a wire rack and cool them completely.
15. Uncover the ice cream and discard the carton.
16. Using a sharp knife, lengthwise cut the ice cream into five parts.
17. Using the same cutter that has been used for making cookies, cut two ice-cream parts from each piece of ice cream.
18. Sandwich 1 slice ice cream between 2 sugar cookies.
19. Freeze them in the refrigerator for 2 hours until they are firm.
20. Wrap in individual foil or poly bag, label and store in freezer.
21. Serve chilled Sugar Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches for dessert.
Calories 417 Calories from Fat 88
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.3%
Saturated Fat 6 g30.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45.3 mg15.1%
Sodium 123.9 mg5.2%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 48.6 g
Protein 9 g18.5%
Vitamin A 6.1% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 2.8% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet