Lemon Pecan Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Vegetable shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated lemon zest||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped toasted pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, shortening and sugar until fluffy.
3. Beat adding egg, honey, lemon zest and lemon extract until smooth.
4. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
5. Stir the creamed mixture with the dry ingredients until a soft dough forms and then stir in pecans.
6. Onto a lightly greased baking sheet drop tablespoonfuls of dough 3 inches apart and bake 6 to 8 minutes.
7. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool and store in an airtight container.
8. Serve as snacks with beverages or as desired.