|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Applesauce||1⁄2 (fresh or canned)|
|Brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Pecans/Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Sieve flour with baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Using a fork, stir in the mixture to form crumbs.
3. Add applesauce and mix well.
4. In a different bowl, mix egg with vanilla and brown sugar until mixture turns light. Mix in chopped nuts.
5. Slowly, add flour mixture, a little at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
6. Add the batter to cookies sheet, 1 teaspoon at a time, 1 ½ inches apart and bake for 10 minutes or until mildly brown.
7. Transfer to cake rack, cool, and store in an airtight container.
8. Serve Applesauce cookies with cold caramel coffee.