Old Fashioned Rose Water Sugar Cookies
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs), sifted|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Rose water||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2) In a bowl, cream butter along with 1 1/2 cups sugar, until smooth and fluffy.
3) To this gradually add eggs, beating well after each addition.
4) Now, alternately add the sifted dry ingredients with sour cream. Mix well after each addition.
5) Then, blend in rosewater to this mixture.
6) In wax paper, wrap the mix and keep in the refrigerator overnight. Remove from the refrigerator until the dough is firm enough to roll.
7) On a lightly floured board, roll the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness.
8) With a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut the rolled out dough into pieces.
9) On ungreased cookie sheets, arrange the rolled out cookies.
10) On top, add sugar evenly.
11) Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes, or until the cookies turn brown.
12) This recipes makes about 5 dozen cookies. Serve them as desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 5605 Calories from Fat 2138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 243 g374.3%
Saturated Fat 146 g730.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1026.4 mg342.1%
Sodium 4060.6 mg169.2%
Total Carbohydrates 789 g263.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g60.8%
Sugars 360.2 g
Protein 77 g154.7%
Vitamin A 148.7% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 81.7% Iron 161%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet