|Sifted flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Skim milk||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Sieve flour with salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix in raisins.
3. Blend brown sugar well with oil. Mix in egg.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternating with milk.
5. Add the batter to cookie sheet, greased lightly with oil, 1 teaspoon each, 1 inch apart and bake for 10 minutes or until set and turns pale brown.
6. Transfer to cake rack, cool, and store in an airtight container.
7. Serve hermits with hot coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2488 Calories from Fat 748
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 85 g130.3%
Saturated Fat 12.3 g61.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 212.4 mg70.8%
Sodium 814.1 mg33.9%
Total Carbohydrates 411 g136.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.3 g45%
Sugars 221.4 g
Protein 34 g67.3%
Vitamin A 5.2% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 33.6% Iron 79.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet