|Sifted flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Skim milk||3 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Sieve flour with salt, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves. Mix in raisins.
3. Blend brown sugar well with oil. Mix in egg.
4. Add flour mixture to egg mixture alternating with milk.
5. Add the batter to cookie sheet, greased lightly with oil, 1 teaspoon each, 1 inch apart and bake for 10 minutes or until set and turns pale brown.
6. Transfer to cake rack, cool, and store in an airtight container.
7. Serve hermits with hot coffee.